Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sometimes Sadness

I was going through some of the things I have let slide for a while in my kitchen lately. When Baby H showed up, it had been a hard month for me before and its been easier but still difficult since. I found a stash of fruit I had forgotten about. I remembered what was in it, but I haven't been able to remember WHERE it was for a month! Needless to say, most of it had gone bad. Some of it was still fine though. The pomgranate and apples were ok. The avacados and bananas were not.
It made me stop and think about some things I had kind of forgotten about. Some relationships I have let drop for the time being. I have a good friend I sometimes see whose birthday was couple of weeks ago. I neglected to call her and wish her well. We both have four children so its more difficult to get together than it used to be. Even though she only lives a few miles away, I try not to drive when its so icy in the winter. Many excuses for just not taking the time to say happy birthday. Sigh. I want to do better, but I actually have to BE better. Sometimes I forget that too.
I had another friend remind me that I am not perfect. Of course, I am not perfect, but in that moment before she said that, I was celebrating a small acheivement I have been putting off for a long time. I felt completely successful until she said that. Now with the feeling that she conveyed it feels like there isn't any point. Grr, MY SUCCESS, MY CELEBRATION!
So a reminder, celebrate you own successes and don't let anyone steal them from you. Don't let them tell they aren't good enough or what you should be doing. Do what you feel YOU should be doing, not someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment