Friday, January 16, 2009

Skillet Stroganoff

This is a very simple recipe. I'm sure there are endless variations out there, but I really like this one. Its kind of like Hamburger Helper, but not...


Skillet Stroganoff

1 lb hamburger
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pound pasta
1 quart water
1 can mushrooms
1 tsp salt

Brown meat. Add everything else. Cook until pasta is done. Turn off heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Done.

I like to make this when I want a hot meal and don't want to spend much energy or brainpower making it. Like after a long day trying to get my car inspected and licensed or shopping.
Variations: Do something else. Leave out the mushrooms. Change the kind of meat, use 2 cans of tuna instead, or 1 lb chicken. Change the kind of soup. Try it with rice or potatoes instead of pasta. It goes pretty good with a tomato sauce too.

No comments:

Post a Comment