Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fat-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Fat-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made these on a hunch. The hunch was that if I used vegetable purees instead of butter in a cookie like recipe, the result would be like the cookies I was craving from the store, but less fat laden and more nutritious. I was right, but the cookies were actually better than any other pumpkin chocolate chip cookies I had made before. Its saying a lot that they turned out as well, if not better. I baked them as a bar cookie; in a 9x13 pan. I think they would work as well formed on cookie trays.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

8 oz butternut squash puree
8 oz sweet potato puree
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups all purpose wheat flour
1 cup rice cereal(baby food)
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix purees, sugar and eggs together in a large bowl. Mix together the dry ingredients and add them to the wet ingredients. 
The finished dough will be thick. It can either be formed into balls and placed on a greased cookie tray or pressed into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes for the cookies or 25 minutes for the pan. Allow to cool before eating, at least enough to not get burned. Trust me on this... Its pretty important. If you love pumpkin, you will love these cookies. Unless you hate chocolate like my little sister. I'm not sure if she is really my sister.... just kidding, I know you are my sister, you are too abnormal not to be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment